Alcohol Licenses

If you are serving alcohol you need to hold a valid operator's license.  Complete and fill out an alcohol operator's license application.

Businesses who sell alcohol must be licensed.  You need to choose which application fits your business.

Access the links below for applications for an alcohol operator's license, license forms, and beverage server training classes. All applications are also available at the Village Clerk's Office during office hours at:

Marshall Municipal Building
130 South Pardee Street, Marshall

Mondays-Thursdays (8:00am-4:30pm)
Fridays (8:00am-1:00pm)

Please note that you must submit your Operator license application and other necessary paperwork* in person at the Village Clerk's Office.

  • Submit copy of driver’s license.
  • Submit copy of certificate showing enrollment in a responsible beverage server training course.  Classes are offered at area technical colleges and can be taken online through Learn 2 serve or Bartending College LLC.  (visit DOR Training Website).
  • Submit certificate showing attendance of a responsible beverage server training course.

Serving Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors -Operator license fees: $15-Provisional License; $25-Regular Operators License

License Fees for Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors:

  • Class "A" Beer-$250.00/year (off -premise consumption)
  • Class "B" Beer-$100.00/year (on-premise consumption)  
  • "Class C" Wine -$100.00/year (sell wine by the glass or in an opened original container for consumption on the premises where sold)
  • "Class A" liquor-$500.00/year (sell intoxicating liquor to consumer only in original packages or containers for off-premise consumption)
  • "Class B" liquor-$500.00/year  ( may sell intoxicating liquor to consumer by the glass for on-premises consumption) 
  • Temporary "Class B" (picnic) beer licenses may sell BEER and other fermented malt beverages to consumer at a picnic or similar gather of limited duration ...$10.00/event.

Village Government - Ordinances-Title 7, Chapter 2 for detailed information on local ordinances for licensing and regulation.